Maybe it’s seeing the big, yellow school buses.
Or maybe it’s college football games or seeing school supplies.
Whatever it may be, it always seems fall is the time to settle down and start learning something new.
Whether it’s improving your professional skill or learning a new skill, we have a few tips to help you find ways to improve upon your professional or personal skills.
- Take a class –
- Start by looking around your community for classes offered. From the chamber of commerce to local churches to the library to community organizations, there are many free classes offered. Not only is this a great way to learn a new skill or explore a new idea, it’s a fun way to network and meet new people in your community.
- Many professional organizations offer enrichment classes. By taking a class you may learn the newest laws for tax accountants or how to market your work if you are a writer.
- Computers and smart phones – It seems with each new upgrade, computers and smart phones add a new challenge that we need to learn to master. By taking a technology class, you will be learning how to make your devices do more work for you.
- Join your local chamber of commerce
- I am always amazed at businesses who aren’t a chamber member and then complain that they didn’t know about this festival or this town event or that this many tourists would be visiting. Our local chamber has a weekly meeting where whoever attends learns what is happening and what they can do to help their business.
- Power of YouTube
- If there is something you want to know, learn or try, there is probably a video online to show you how to do it.
- Visit your local library
- Many people think libraries are just books. While there are books and more books, there are also magazines, newspapers, videos and more. If you are eager to learn something like how to organize your bookstore, you most likely can find the answer at the library. And the best part about the library is it is free.
- One way to learn something new is to talk with someone who has the experience doing it. Offer to take the person out to lunch and ask your questions. It’s a good idea to network before you launch a new business. Let’s say you want to start a brewery. Before doing so, interview a couple brewery owners to get a good idea what to expect.
- Contact Oregon Marketing Group
- Whether you are looking to increase traffic to your website, start a blog, create a marketing plan or discover the best ways to increase your business’ visibility, we can help. We are constantly learning new ways to improve upon what we do so we can help you be your best.